Venice UNESCO Office offers two internship opportunities5 Febbraio 2020
The Regional Bureau for Science and Culture in Europe Office UNESCO in Venice is currently seeking two interns: the first to assist the Project Office of the
Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission (IOC) of UNESCO, the second to assist in support of communication activities .
Both internships have a duration from 3 to 6 months in 2020.
For the IOC call, the intern will work under the direct supervision of the responsible Programme Specialist, (see the call >>)and the authority of the Director and she/he will undertake the following tasks:
• Assist in the implementation of the IOC Ocean Literacy Portal that acts as one-stop-shop
for ocean education and information resources;
• Assist in maintaining contacts with the research institutions, universities, NGOs,
governmental authorities and other UN agencies interested in develop ocean literacy
• Help to organize events related to the UN Decade of Ocean Science for Sustainable
• Help with the communication and social media aspects;
• Regularly update mailing and contact lists, consolidating information received from external
For communication activities internship (see the call >>), the candidates will work under the direct supervision of the responsible Communication Officer and the authority of the Director, UNESCO is seeking an intern to support its efforts to increase the impact and visibility of its activities.
Under the direct supervision of the Communication Officer and the overall authority of the Director, the intern shall undertake the following tasks:
• Assist the Supervisor and provide support for communication actions;
• Proofread and assist in drafting of stories and other communication vehicles as needed;
• Help maintain digital files of photos and videos;
• Assist in the regular monitoring and processing of information collated;
• Help track media placements in print, television, radio, and web outlets;
• Assist in the maintenance of media contacts database and material distribution;
• Any other relevant tasks assigned by the Supervisor.